Advance your practice with our renowned MS-FNP program
Pace’s Family Nurse Practitioner program offers a 42-credit Master of Science degree. This allows you to complete the MS-FNP and begin practice as an FNP.
- Pace offers a certificate of advanced graduate study for master’s prepared nurses who wish to pursue family nurse practitioner studies, as well as nurse practitioners who wish to expand their practice through family nurse practitioner education and certification (credits determined by a gap analysis).
- A unique blend of online and on-campus classes, and individually precepted clinical practicum hours in diverse healthcare settings.
- A leader in the field - Pace’s FNP was one of the first programs of its kind to focus on family and primary healthcare and prepare you for the FNP role.
- Our FNP program will prepare you to deliver evidence-based, culturally competent primary healthcare to individuals within the context of family and community.
- This program meets requirements for the Family Nurse Practitioner Certification for both the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) and the American Association of Nurse Practitioners (AANP) certifying organizations.
The MS-FNP is offered on both the New York City and Pleasantville campuses.
Credits for the Certificate of advanced graduate studies (CAGS) for master's prepared nurses are determined by a gap analysis.NURS 803 Advanced Nursing in Primary and NURS 804 Scholarly Inquiry for Advanced Nursing or equivalent masters level courses are prerequisites for the CAGS. NURS 640A Advanced Physical Assessment Part I, NURS 640B Advanced Physical Assessment Part II, NURS 681 Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing, and NURS 682 Clinical Pharmacology for Prescribing Advanced Practice Nursing are required for all non-nurse practitioners enrolled in the CAGS.
|NURS 640A||Advanced Physical Assessment - Part 1||3|
|NURS 681||Pathophysiology For Advanced Practice Nursing||3|
|NURS 682||Clinical Pharmacology for Prescribing Advanced Practice Nursing||3|
|NURS 801||Underpinnings of Advanced Nursing||3|
|NURS 802||Leadership for Advanced Nursing||3|
|NURS 803||Advanced Nursing in Primary Health Care||3|
|NURS 804||Scholarly Inquiry for Advanced Nursing||3|
|NURS 640B||Advanced Physical Assessment - Part 2 Family Nurse Practitioner||3|
|NURS 650||Advanced Theory and Practice I for Family Nurse Practitioners||6|
|NURS 660||Advanced Theory and Practice II for Family Nurse Practitioners||6|
|NURS 671||Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum I||1.2|
|NURS 672||Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum II||1.2|
|NURS 673||Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum III||1.2|
|NURS 674||Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum IV||1.2|
|NURS 675||Family Nurse Practitioner Practicum V||1.2|
Conferral of Master's Degree after 42 Credits and a minimum of 550 supervised clinical practicum hours across the family population foci