Admission Requirements (MSOT)
Program Application and Admissions Requirements
- Earned a baccalaureate in any field from an accredited college or university.
- Completed all pre-requisite coursework.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Cumulative Science GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Submission of official transcripts from all colleges attended.
- Submission of personal statements.
- Submission of résumé or CV including extracurricular activities, any employments, volunteer/community services, recognitions, and awards.
- Submission of two letters of recommendation from professors and Occupational Therapist or employers. Letters from family or friends will not be accepted.
- Minimum of 20 hours of volunteer experience shadowing OT in at least 2 different settings.
- Qualified candidates may be invited for an interview with OT faculty.
- GRE is not required for applying to the program.
How to Apply:
- Applicants must apply online using the OTCAS application. Please visit www.otcas.org.
|Anatomy and Physiology I with lab 1||4|
|Anatomy and Physiology II with lab 1||4|
|Physics or Kinesiology||3|
|Life Span Human Development or Developmental Psychology||3|
|Sociology or Anthropology||3|
|Total pre-requisites credits||23|
|Highly Recommended Courses|
|Medical Conditions or Pathophysiology||3|
To fulfil the first two pre-requisites, Human Anatomy and Human Physiology may be taken separately.
- Applicants must have the ability to perform essential functions of an occupational therapy graduate student.
- All pre-requisite courses must be completed with a grade of C or higher and be taken within the past 10 years.
- The program does not accept Advanced Placement credits or CLEP credits to fulfill prerequisite coursework requirements.
- The program does not accept transfer credits.
- The program does not offer credits for applicants' previous work, experiential, or volunteer experience.
- Students may apply to the program before completing their baccalaureate.
- The bachelor's degree must be awarded prior to enrollment in the program.
- All prerequisite courses must be completed at an accredited institution.
- Curriculum Information