Expected Student Learning of the Pace University Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program
Expected Student Learning Outcomes, Pace University Lenox Hill Hospital Physician Assistant Program
- Elicit a complete or directed patient history.
- Perform a complete or directed physical examination.
- Recognize “normal” vs. abnormal findings on the history and physical examination.
- Develop appropriate differential diagnoses, problem lists, and management plans.
- Accurately record and orally present findings in an organized manner.
- Perform, request, and/or interpret routine laboratory or diagnostic tests/studies.
- Initiate treatment for common problems encountered in patient care including the writing of medical orders and prescriptions.
- Perform routine therapeutic procedures, e.g. suturing and casting, and assist in surgical procedures.
- Provide appropriate health education and counseling for patients.
- Perform independent evaluation and therapeutic procedures in response to life-threatening situations.
- Recognize the indications for patient/family referral and initiate such referrals.
- Recognize the value of consultation with colleagues, physicians, and other health professionals.
- Recognize the contribution of other health care professionals to the delivery of patient care and work effectively with them towards meeting patient care objectives in a variety of settings.
- Maintain current knowledge of community health facilities, agencies, and resources.
- Maintain and apply a critical, current operational knowledge of new medical information.
- Recognize and respond appropriately to issues of diversity which impact on the delivery of patient care.
- Practice in a manner consistent with the highest standards of ethical and professional behavior