OCCUPATIONAL THERAPY Academic Progression Policy
To progress through the program, students must:
- Receive a grade of “C” or better in each course. If receiving a grade below a “C” in a course, students must repeat that course and receive a “B” grade or better in the repeated course. If receiving a grade below a “B” in the repeated course, students will be dismissed from the program.
- Maintain a term GPA of 3.0 or better. If a term GPA is below 3.0 in a given semester, students will be placed on academic probation. To meet academic progression standards, students must earn a GPA of 3.0 or better in the following semester. If students are placed on academic probation more than two consecutive semesters, students will be dismissed from the program.
Note: If a student is dismissed from the program, he or she may not apply for readmission to the program.
To graduate from the Occupational Therapy program, students must:
- Have a Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better.
- Complete all OT courses with a grade of C or better.
- Successfully complete each Fieldwork Level I and Level II experience.
- Successfully complete research capstone project, research manuscript, and presentation.
- Complete the program within 4 years maximum.