Students are expected to achieve the following characteristics and attributes by the completion of their program:
Within the framework of primary health care and consistent with professional standards, the student will be able to:
- Demonstrate critical thinking and clinical reasoning to arrive at sound and effective clinical judgments.
- Provide culturally competent patient-centered care to individuals, families, groups and communities.
- Provide safe, comprehensive, high quality, and technologically competent care for diverse populations.
- Integrate concepts of inter and intra-professional communication, holism, health promotion, and disease prevention in the delivery of primary health care.
- Establish community partnerships promoting health from a local through global perspective.
- Integrate nursing theory and research in an evidence-based approach to nursing practice.
- Demonstrate accountability for the legal and ethical principles of professional nursing practice in a socially responsible manner.
- Utilize leadership skills and strategies to promote quality patient care.