Group of students sitting around a table

Non-Degree Students

Non-degree students, (students enrolled in credit bearing courses who have not been admitted into a degree program), are admitted, registered, and advised by the Office of Undergraduate Admission. Admission as a non-degree student requires completion of high school or a GED, and/or proof of good academic standing at previously attended colleges or universities.

Submission of false records or omission of previous college, university, and/or proprietary school attendance may result in denial of admission, reversal of admission decision, and/or denial of transfer credit.

Non-degree students may enroll in classes for the fall, spring or summer semesters and attend on a part-time basis, registering for a maximum of 11 credits per term, up to a maximum of 25 credits in total. Students may apply for matriculation into a degree program after meeting the following requirements:

Application for Matriculation - Students who wish to pursue a degree may be asked to take specific courses in order to demonstrate academic ability before being accepted into a degree program. Because many students come to Pace University with previous college credit, a meeting with an adviser is required for all course selection. Prior credits earned will be applied to degree requirements upon the student’s acceptance into a degree program. In general, the requirements for matriculation are:

Requirements For Matriculation Completion of twelve (12) University Core credits at Pace University, including ENG 110 Composition and/or ENG 120 Critical Writing1, MAT 103 Algebra or higher1, and a minimum 2.50 grade point average. Students matriculating into the Lienhard School of Nursing and the School of Education must attain a 3.0 grade point average. (Note: All I-R and F grades must be cleared before matriculation).

Placement Examinations – Non-degree students seeking matriculation may be asked to take placement examinations to determine English and Math ability. Upon review of Placement Exam results, an adviser will create schedule of classes based on the results of the placement test.


Unless these writing or math courses transfer in from another institution. Other courses may be substituted.