Group of students sitting around a table

Advanced Placement

College Board Advanced Placement Program – Pace University is a participant in the Advanced Placement Program of the College Board. Students who receive a score of 4 or 5 on AP examinations may be awarded transfer credit. For AP Computer Science A, a score of a 3 or higher is acceptable for college credit. Learn more about the Advanced Placement (AP) credit equivalencies at Pace University. Review the steps to send your AP scores to Pace University through the CollegeBoard website. For a full list of Pace’s AP Test score requirements, visit the Dyson College of Arts and Sciences’s AP Exam Equivalencies page.

For more detailed information, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admission.

International Baccalaureate

Students who receive a score of 4, 5, 6, or 7 on Higher Level International Baccalaureate (IB) exams may be awarded transfer credit. Review the steps to send your IB diploma to Pace University through the International Baccalaureate website.

CLEP and CPEP Examinations

Credit may be awarded for results obtained through the College Level Examination Program (CLEP) and the New York State College Proficiency Exam Program (CPEP) provided that the courses are applicable to the degree program chosen and a satisfactory score has been achieved.

CLEP General Examinations  – Students must attain at least a minimum score of 50 to receive credit from the general examination.

CLEP Subject Examinations  – The standard score required for credit must be equivalent to a C grade (based on the most recent college board norming data). The number of credits awarded is based upon the recommendations of the College Level Examination Program.

A maximum of 30 credits can be earned through AP, IB, or CLEP exam transfer credits.

American Council on Education (ACE) Credit

Transfer credit may be granted for credit earned or standardized exams taken that are approved by the American Council on Education. Evaluation and approval of credit is subject to review by Pace chairpersons or dean.