Within Centralized Academic Advisement, ACEM provides individual academic advising for students who are exploring their options for majors, minors, or combined degree programs as well as for students who seek guidance before changing a major. ACEM offers information and tools to enhance academic exploration. Through the INT 197H Exploring Majors and Careers course, students can learn more about their academic and career options along with skills related to self-assessment, academic planning, goal setting and career preparation and development. ACEM is committed to support all exploring students in the following manners:
- Provides opportunities for academic exploration, decision making, and planning.
- Assists students in charting paths to major selection and graduation.
- Directs students to the appropriate academic support.
- Connects students to academic advisers within the appropriate college or school.
- Monitors and assists students in academic difficulty return to good academic standing.
- Conducts dedicated UNV 101 First-Year Seminar: Introduction to University Community sections for Exploring first-year students that launches students on their Pace Path and transitions them to school-based advising once they choose a major.
- Advises transfer students entering as Exploring/Undecided.